Dial direct to (850) 330-1199 for help with accidents. The FDOT center is operational until 4 p.m. CST, Wednesday, Jan. 29 and from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 30.
Here is a list of local events cancelled, and some open, as of today.
•Walton County and Okalooosa schools will be closed Thursday.
• Harbor Docks in Destin wiill close at 3 today and reopen Thursday at 11
• Island Wing Company Grill and Bar in Destin is open.
• Restaurants open iin South Walton include Stinky's Fish Camp, Marie's Bistro, La Playa, 723 Whiskey Bravo, Bruno's Pizza, 30A, CUP Food You Pick Up, the Red Bar/Piccolo Restaurant, Amavida, Shades Bar and Grill, and South of Philly 30A,
• Cuvee Beach is open.
• Home depot is closed as is Destin Commons.
• Marler Bridge in Destin is closed.
• Clyde B Wells Bridge is open.
• 331 Bridge is reported back open
• The Alerio groundbreaking event scheduled for Thursday has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be rescheduled for the end of February.
• Northwest Florida State College will be closed Wednesday.
• The Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections Offices in Crestview and Fort Walton Beach will close at 2 p.m. on Tuesday. Offices will be closed and reopen at 8 a.m. on Thursday.
• The Florida Department of Health in Okaloosa County will close at 3 p.m. on Tuesday and reopen on Thursday, Jan. 30. Client services at the Fort Walton Beach and Crestview locations will resume regular operating hours on Thursday.
• Hurlburt Field and Eglin Air Force Base will shut down at 2 p.m. Tuesday, sending home all non-essential employees. They made the call Wednesday morning to stay closed through the day and reopen at noon Thursday.
• Okaloosa Board of County Commissioners’ Offices will close at 3 p.m. Tuesday and are scheduled to reopen on Thursday, Jan. 30, at 8 a.m. Northwest Florida Regional Airport closed earlier today. Okaloosa County Public Safety and Public Works will continue to monitor and react to weather conditions and emergencies.
• Okaloosa, Walton and Santa Rosa County schools will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
• All Walton County Government offices and the Walton County Courthouse including Constitutional Offices will be closed beginning at noon on Jan. 28 and will reopen on Thursday, Jan. 30 at noon.
• The Coastal Library will be closed from noon Tuesday, until noon Thursday.
• The scheduled Walton County Local RESTORE Act Committee meeting scheduled for Thursday afternoon has been cancelled and will be rescheduled for Feb. 13 at 5 p.m.
• Walton County Schools will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday. School will re-open on Thursday.
• Northwest Florida State College will cancel day and evening classes and close administrative offices at all locations on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The administration will monitor weather conditions and make a decision about classes and operations by 4 p.m. Tuesday concerning classes and operations for Wednesday, Jan. 29. Updates will be made available through www.nwfsc.edu and the colleges social media outlets - Facebook and Twitter.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Walton and Okaloose will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 28-29.
• All City of Destin Recreation youth programs are canceled Tuesday, Jan. 28, and Wednesday, Jan. 29, because of weather-related safety concerns. This includes all youth programs at the Community Center and after-school care (Kidz Klub).
• The Destin Library will close early at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28. City facilities are scheduled to keep normal business hours over the next two days unless otherwise noticed. City officials will reassess the situation on a daily basis.
• Resolute Martial Arts & Family Fitness will be closed from noon Tuesday until 3 p.m. Wednesday. This includes all martial arts classes, after school program and fitness classes.
• The Walton Area Chamber of Commerce has rescheduled the Annual Gala for Tuesday, Feb. 4 at the Linkside Conference Center in Sandestin with registration beginning at 5:30 p.m. Please call the chamber office at 267-0683, if you have any questions.
• All campuses and centers of Pensacola State College will be closed beginning midnight Monday, Jan. 27, and will remain closed until 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29. All classes that begin prior to 10 a.m. Wednesday are cancelled.
The Destin Log and Walton Sun are continuing to pull together a list of closures. If you have something you'd like to see us add, post a comment or drop us a line at email@example.com