If you have an event to submit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Kidz Summer Camps
Holy Kidz Summer Camps provide a fun wholesome Christ-centered summer experience for children entering K-5th grade in the fall of 2014. Camps include games, field trips, arts, crafts, cooking, water day, outdoor activities, praise and worship and science. Cost is $100/week for first child; $80/second child, with price increases two weeks before start of camps. Call 586-8264.
Sessions will be held from May 27-30 and June 2-6 at Good News United Methodist Church in Santa Rosa Beach; June 9-13 and 16-20 at Destin United Methodist Church; June 23-27 and July 7-11 at Destin Assembly of God; and July 14-18 and 21-25 at Hammock Bay of Freeport.
The E. O. Biophilia Center in Freeport and Abrakadoodle present camps from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays for ages 4-12. Cost is $45/student. Preregistration advised at www.abrakadoodle.com/FL07 or call 835-1824.
• June 4: Terrific Turtles
• June 11: Roots & Shoots
• June 18: Buggin’ Out
• June 25: Fins and Flippers
• Aug. 6: All About Owls Camp
• Aug. 13: Who’s Afraid of the Dark
Ride the 30A Dancewave at The Studio, 27 Quincy Circle in Seaside, with summer camps for ages 3-11 from June 9-July 25. Camps include light snack and water, but please pack personal preference snacks. Register at 30ADancewave.com.
• Circus, Circus, musical theater camp for boys and girls ages 5-8, 1-4 p.m. June 9-13 and June 30-July 4. $150/week or $45/day
• Fairy Princess Fantasy Camp, ballet and creative movement for ballerinas ages 3-6, 2-4 p.m. June 16, 18 20 and July 21, 23 and 25. Pink ballet slippers and tutus encouraged. $90/MWF week or $35/day
• Tiny Tikes Hip Hop & Sports Strategy Camp for boys and girls ages 3-7, 2-4 p.m. June 17, 19 and July 22, 24. $60/TTh or $35/day
• Lights! Camera! Action!, music theater camp for boys and girls ages 7-11, 1-4 p.m. June 23-27 and July 14-18. $150/week or $45/day
• Dance Camp, ballet, jazz and contemporary, for boys and girls ages 7-10 and 10-12, July 7-11. Leotards, tights and dance shoes required. Hair must be up in a bun or ponytail. $150/week or $35/day
Emerald Coast Theatre Company
The newly-formed Emerald Coast Theatre Company in Miramar Beach announces a new series of summer theater camps designed with kids in mind. Call 687-1637 or email email@example.com.
• Musical Theatre Camp — Disney’s “101 Dalmatians” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 16-19 and 23-26 at Butler Elementary for ages 7-11. Cost is $395
• Camp Broadway from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 7-11 at Seaside Neighborhood School for grades 5-9. Cost is $160
• Drama Camp — “The Wizard of Oz” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14-18 and 1-5 p.m. July 19 for grades 3-8. Cost is $150 paid to Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation.
Students will learn the basics of improv, creating solid scene work, and fun characters from The Rep’s improve instructors during camp Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from June 17 to Aug. 8 at Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre, 216 Quincy Circle.
Elementary age, seven and up, attend from 1:30-2:30 p.m. with middle and high school students from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Cost is $20/day or $50/3 classes a week.