If you have an event to submit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Kidz Summer Camps
Holy Kidz Summer Camps provide a fun wholesome Christ-centered summer experience for children entering K-5th grade in the fall of 2014. Camps include games, field trips, arts, crafts, cooking, water day, outdoor activities, praise and worship and science. Cost is $100/week for first child; $80/second child, with price increases two weeks before start of camps. Call 586-8264.
Sessions will be held June 9-13 and 16-20 at Destin United Methodist Church; June 23-27 and July 7-11 at Destin Assembly of God; and July 14-18 and 21-25 at Hammock Bay of Freeport.
An Adventure Day Camp at Camp Helen State Park for campers ages 5-12 also has a Counselor In Training Program for campers ages 13-15. Campers choose their own activities, from cooking to football, for morning activities and give back to Camp Helen State Park in the afternoon. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 9-13; June 16-20; June 23-27; July 7-11; July 14-18; July 21-25; July 28-Aug. 1; and Aug. 4-8.
Visit www.CampSkyWay.com for complete information, email CampSkyWay@Hotmail.com or call 878-9241.
Horse Riding Day Camp
Arnett’s Gulfside Trail Rides will hold a five-day horseback riding day camp from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 16-June 20; July 7-July 11; and July 21-July 25 in Santa Rosa Beach. Cost is $300. Children should bring a sack lunch Monday through Thursday. Friday there is a pizza party. Space is limited. Email email@example.com or call 208-3114 for registration information.
Each camp will include lessons on horse safety; horse riding; horse anatomy; horse grooming; horse saddling; Port Washington State Forest’s indigenous plants; and outdoor games.
A special three-day camp for ages 4-6 will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 10-12 and June 23-25. Cost is $200. The camps will offer basic horse safety, anatomy, riding, grooming and outdoor games. Send a sack lunch.
The E. O. Biophilia Center in Freeport and Abrakadoodle present camps from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays for ages 4-12. Cost is $45/student. Preregistration advised at www.abrakadoodle.com/FL07 or call 835-1824.
• June 11: Roots & Shoots
• June 18: Buggin’ Out
• June 25: Fins and Flippers
• Aug. 6: All About Owls Camp
• Aug. 13: Who’s Afraid of the Dark
Ride the 30A Dancewave at The Studio, 27 Quincy Circle in Seaside, with summer camps for ages 3-11 from June 9-July 25. Camps include light snack and water, but please pack personal preference snacks. Register at 30ADancewave.com.
• Circus, Circus, musical theater camp for boys and girls ages 5-8, 1-4 p.m. June 9-13 and June 30-July 4. $150/week or $45/day
• Fairy Princess Fantasy Camp, ballet and creative movement for ballerinas ages 3-6, 2-4 p.m. June 16, 18 20 and July 21, 23 and 25. Pink ballet slippers and tutus encouraged. $90/MWF week or $35/day
• Tiny Tikes Hip Hop & Sports Strategy Camp for boys and girls ages 3-7, 2-4 p.m. June 17, 19 and July 22, 24. $60/TTh or $35/day
• Lights! Camera! Action!, music theater camp for boys and girls ages 7-11, 1-4 p.m. June 23-27 and July 14-18. $150/week or $45/day
• Dance Camp, ballet, jazz and contemporary, for boys and girls ages 7-10 and 10-12, July 7-11. Leotards, tights and dance shoes required. Hair must be up in a bun or ponytail. $150/week or $35/day
Emerald Coast Theatre Company
The newly-formed Emerald Coast Theatre Company in Miramar Beach announces a new series of summer theater camps designed with kids in mind. Call 687-1637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Musical Theatre Camp — Disney’s “101 Dalmatians” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 16-19 and 23-26 at Butler Elementary for ages 7-11. Cost is $295.
• Camp Broadway from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 7-11 at Seaside Neighborhood School for grades 5-9. Cost is $150.
• Drama Camp — “The Wizard of Oz” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14-18 and 1-5 p.m. July 19 for grades 3-8. Cost is $150 paid to Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation.
• Musical Theatre Camp — Two-week camp “Willy Wonka Jr.,” based on Roald Dahl’s “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 28 through Aug. 8 at Ruckel Middle School in Niceville for grades 5 through 9. Cost is $295. A final performance will be staged at 7 p.m. Aug. 8 with $5 donation per adult.
Students will learn the basics of improv, creating solid scene work, and fun characters from The Rep’s improve instructors during camp Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from June 17 to Aug. 8 at Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre, 216 Quincy Circle.
Elementary age, seven and up, attend from 1:30-2:30 p.m. with middle and high school students from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Cost is $20/day or $50/3 classes a week.
WCSO Summer Camps
The WCSO Citizen Services Unit and School Resource Deputies will host free summer camps for ages 6 to 10 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 7-11 and July 21-25 at Maude Sanders Elementary School, 416 John Baldwin Road in DeFuniak Springs. Lunch will be provided.
Students will learn about the various areas of law enforcement to include demonstrations from K9, Traffic, Marine Unit, Aviation Unit and SWAT. Kids will have the opportunity to do team building games with deputies, go swimming at the Freeport Pool, visit the Wildlife Zoological Park in Crestview, fish and more.
To sign up, visit http://waltonso.org/citizen-services/wcso-summer-camp-application. A PDF form is also available to download and can be sent to Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Attention Lieutenant Danny Garner, 752 Triple G Road, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433. Space is limited and request parents to sign their children up for only one camp.