If you have an event to submit, email email@example.com.
Ballet Dance Camp
30A Ballet will host Princess Camp from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 23-26 for ages 5-7 in the Inlet Beach facility. Cost is $150 and includes ballet, jazz, tap, dance history and a ballet related craft. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 399-0514.
• Ballet Fairy Camp: July 21-24, ages 3-5, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Cost is $125 and includes ballet, snack and a craft relating to the fairy of the day.
• Dance Workshop: July 7-11, ages 10-15, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Must have had at least three years of ballet. Includes ballet, jazz, tap, stretch/conditioning and dance history/terminology.
An Adventure Day Camp at Camp Helen State Park for campers ages 5-12 also has a Counselor In Training Program for campers ages 13-15. Campers choose their own activities, from cooking to football, for morning activities and give back to Camp Helen State Park in the afternoon. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 23-27; July 7-11; July 14-18; July 21-25; July 28-Aug. 1; and Aug. 4-8.
Visit www.CampSkyWay.com for complete information, email CampSkyWay@Hotmail.com or call 878-9241.
Ride the 30A Dancewave at The Studio, 27 Quincy Circle in Seaside, with summer camps for ages 3-11. Camps include light snack and water, but please pack personal preference snacks. Register at 30ADancewave.com.
• Circus, Circus, musical theater camp for boys and girls ages 5-8, 1-4 p.m. June 30-July 4. $150/week or $45/day
• Dance Camp, ballet, jazz and contemporary, for boys and girls ages 7-10 and 10-12, July 7-11. Leotards, tights and dance shoes required. Hair must be up in a bun or ponytail. $150/week or $35/day
• Fairy Princess Fantasy Camp, ballet and creative movement for ballerinas ages 3-6, 2-4 p.m. July 21, 23 and 25. Pink ballet slippers and tutus encouraged. $90/MWF week or $35/day
• Tiny Tikes Hip Hop & Sports Strategy Camp for boys and girls ages 3-7, 2-4 p.m. July 22, 24. $60/TTh or $35/day
• Lights! Camera! Action!, music theater camp for boys and girls ages 7-11, 1-4 p.m. July 14-18. $150/week or $45/day
Holy Kidz Summer Camps
Holy Kidz Summer Camps provide a fun wholesome Christ-centered summer experience for children entering K-5th grade in the fall of 2014. Camps include games, field trips, arts, crafts, cooking, water day, outdoor activities, praise and worship and science. Cost is $100/week for first child; $80/second child, with price increases two weeks before start of camps. Call 586-8264.
Sessions will be held June 23-27 and July 7-11 at Destin Assembly of God, and July 14-18 and 21-25 at Hammock Bay of Freeport.
Emerald Coast Theatre Company
The newly-formed Emerald Coast Theatre Company in Miramar Beach announces a new series of summer theater camps designed with kids in mind. Call 687-1637 or email email@example.com.
• Camp Broadway from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 7-11 at Seaside Neighborhood School for grades 5-9. Cost is $150.
• Drama Camp — “The Wizard of Oz” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14-18 and 1-5 p.m. July 19 for grades 3-8. Cost is $150 paid to Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation.
• Musical Theatre Camp — Two-week camp “Willy Wonka Jr.,” based on Roald Dahl’s “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 28 through Aug. 8 at Ruckel Middle School in Niceville for grades 5 through 9. Cost is $295. A final performance will be staged at 7 p.m. Aug. 8 with $5 donation per adult.
Students will learn the basics of improv, creating solid scene work, and fun characters from The Rep’s improve instructors during camp Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays through Aug. 8 at Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre, 216 Quincy Circle.
Elementary age, seven and up, attend from 1:30-2:30 p.m. with middle and high school students from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Cost is $20/day or $50/3 classes a week.
Horse Riding Day Camp
Arnett’s Gulfside Trail Rides will hold a five-day horseback riding day camp from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 7-July 11; and July 21-July 25 in Santa Rosa Beach. Cost is $300. Children should bring a sack lunch Monday through Thursday. Friday there is a pizza party. Space is limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-3114 for registration information.
Each camp will include lessons on horse safety; horse riding; horse anatomy; horse grooming; horse saddling; Port Washington State Forest’s indigenous plants; and outdoor games.
WCSO Summer Camps
The WCSO Citizen Services Unit and School Resource Deputies will host free summer camps for ages 6 to 10 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 7-11 and July 21-25 at Maude Sanders Elementary School, 416 John Baldwin Road in DeFuniak Springs. Lunch will be provided.
Students will learn about the various areas of law enforcement to include demonstrations from K9, Traffic, Marine Unit, Aviation Unit and SWAT. Kids will have the opportunity to do team building games with deputies, go swimming at the Freeport Pool, visit the Wildlife Zoological Park in Crestview, fish and more.
To sign up, visit http://waltonso.org/citizen-services/wcso-summer-camp-application. A PDF form is also available to download and can be sent to Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Attention Lieutenant Danny Garner, 752 Triple G Road, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433. Space is limited and request parents to sign their children up for only one camp.
The E. O. Biophilia Center in Freeport and Abrakadoodle present camps from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays for ages 4-12. Cost is $45/student. Preregistration advised at www.abrakadoodle.com/FL07 or call 835-1824.
• Aug. 6: All About Owls Camp
• Aug. 13: Who’s Afraid of the Dark