It's summer and time for fun. To submit an activity for children, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Summer classes and camps begin at 30A Dancewave in Seaside on June 5 at Seaside Neighborhood School. For exact classes and times or to register, visit 30ADancewave.com, call 687-6711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• South Walton Dance Project: 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday, June 5-9 and July 24-28. Ages 9-teen.
• Seussical Sensational Summer Smash: 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday, June 19-23, ages 5-10.
• Fairy Princess Fantasy Camp: 9-11 a.m. Monday-Friday, July 10-14. Ages 4-7.
Musical Theatre Workshop
A musical theatre workshop for youth ages 8th grade through college will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. June 5-29 at NWFSC’s Mattie Kelly Arts Center. The workshop is taught by NWF professors Allison Everitt (voice), Christa Whittaker (theatre) and Ulli Dunbar (dance). Enrollment is limited to 35 students and Dual Enrollment credit is available. For enrollment information, call 729-5382.
The REP Theatre
• Pinocchio: Free at 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Aug. 14 at the Seaside Amphitheater.
• The Tales of King Arthur: Free at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 9 at North Barrett Square in Rosemary Beach.
• Adventures in Alys: Free at 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays May 29-Aug. 9 in Alys Beach.
• Improv Bootcamp: At 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, May 30-Aug. 4 at The REP Theatre for ages 5-14. Tickets $25
• Illusionist Jeanette Andrews at 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Thursdays May 30-July 13 at The REP Theatre. Tickets are $25/adults and $15/students age 10 and up.
• Awkward Oxen Improv Hour: Free at 10 a.m. Thursdays June 1-Aug. 10 at the Alys Beach Amphitheater for all ages.
• Magic Workshop with Jeanette Andrews: At 2 p.m. Fridays for ages 5-7 and 3 p.m. Fridays for ages 8-14 June 2-July 14 at The REP Theatre. Tickets are $25.
• Stories by the Sea: Free at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday June 5-Aug. 18 in Solomon Square in Seaside for all ages.
Summer Reading Programs
Coastal Branch Library 437 Greenway in Santa Rosa Beach, will host "Build a Better World" at 10 a.m. Mondays in June in the community room of the library. Kids, pick up your summer reading logs and merit badge bookmarks available at the front desk to earn merit badges, prizes and a book June-July. Call 267-2809.
• June 5: Build a Better Tale: Animaledzoocation features five live reptiles and one amphibian.
• June 12: Build a Better Beach and learn about plovers, sea turtles and building sand sculptures.
• June 19: Build a Better Car .. a derby car for derby racing, and see a caricature of you as a famous race car driver.
• June 26: Build a Better World with a bubble show and summer bubble play.
Summer On Stage Theater Camp
Emerald Coast Theatre Company’s summer camps for ages four through high school run from June 5 to July 29. Tuition is from $130 per person to $425 plus a $25 registration fee. Payment plans, military, sibling, and multi-camp discounts and scholarships are available. For the full schedule, more information and to register, call 684-0323 or visit www.EmeraldCoastTheatre.org. Camps include:
Little Rascals camps for ages 4-6 are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Bayou Arts Center in Santa Rosa Beach. Tuition is $130.
• June 5-9: Lion King Them
• June 12-16: Pirates and Princesses
• June 10-14: The Frozen Snow Queen and Friends
• July 24-28: Hawaiian Mauna Theme
Camp Showtime for grades two through eight will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 12-16 at Seaside Neighborhood School in Santa Rosa Beach. Extended drop off/pick up from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pack a snack, lunch, and water. Act, sing and dance to some of the most popular Broadway tunes and musical numbers in show business. Performance last day of camp. Tuition is $150.
Advanced Theatre Workshops are for middle and high school students. Tuition is $150.
• So You Wanna Do Shakespeare unlocks Shakespeare’s works through his poetry and sonnets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 19-21 at ECTC at Grand Boulevard in Miramar Beach. Camp ends with public performance.
• The Freedom of Improvisation, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 26-28 at ECTC at Grand Boulevard in Miramar Beach, is surrounded with mystery. Explore improvisation through a series of exercises and games
Disney’s “Cinderella Kids” Musical Theater Camp for grades three through nine will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 10-29 at ECTC at Grand Boulevard in Miramar Beach. Extended drop off/pick up available. Pack a snack, lunch, and water. Learn stage presence, acting techniques and theatre games. Tuition $425 with payments available. Final performances last week of camp with tickets $10/adults and $8/children.
Summer camp at the Center in Freeport, Totally Turtles, will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 7 for children ages 5-12. Cost is $45 per session. Visit www.eowilsoncenter.org to register. For information, call 835-1824.
• June 14: Little Green Thumbs
• June 21: Pond Pals
• June 28: All About Owls
• July 5: Radical Reptiles
• July 12: Forest Friends
• July 19: Let’s Wing It! Birds
• July 28: Buggin’ Out!
Mother/Daughter Yoga Retreat
Designed for mothers and daughters to break barriers, build bridges, and strengthen their bond while creating memories to last a lifetime, this retreat June 9-11 will involve individual and partner yoga practices, themed discussions, walks in the woods and trust building exercises. No yoga experience necessary.
The weekend will include daily yoga sessions, themed discussions, Mala making, all meals and activities, ropes challenge course, campfires and s'mores. Cost is $450 per mother/daughter team, each additional child $125 for the weekend. Each room will house two sets of mother/daughter teams unless otherwise arranged. Private rooms available for an additional $125 per room.
For more information call 850-678-8498 or visit www.sunshineyogastudio.com.
Alfonso Academy, 12598 U.S. Hwy. 98, Unit 104, in Miramar Beach, will offer intensive programs this year from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 17-21 focusing on various genres of dance including jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, musical theatre, dance improvisation and dance conditioning. There will be guest artists and a closing showcase.
The second week of the summer intensive program, called Core Ballet Foundations, will be from 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. July 24-28 for Level 1 dancers and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Levels 2 and 3. This week will explore core work and will be interlaced with classical ballet technique training. Dancers can choose to attend one summer intensive week or both.
Discounts are available if dancers attend both weeks of the summer intensives, and all intermediate/advanced dancers ages 7 and up are welcome to sign up. Please check website or Facebook page for updates and pricing.
A Fine Arts Camp for “New Light Littles,” ages 2-6, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 31-Aug. 4 and will focus on a week of pure fun, learning, and discoveries. Highlights include themed days with dance, arts and crafts, singing, drama, and much more. The week will end with a mini star-studded performance.
The Biophilia Center and Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation present Music, Nature, and The Arts from 9 a.m. 2 p.m. July 17-21 and July 24-28 for grades one to eight. Campers are to bring a peanut free snack, lunch, and drink every day. All sunscreen and bug spray should be applied before they arrive at the Biophilia Center.
"Wonderfully Made" camp for girls will be held from 9 a.m. to noon July 19-21 in Sandestin. The camp is for teenage girls looking to gain confidence through knowledge of health and wellness. For prices and to save your spot, visit email@example.com.