Summer On Stage Theater Camp
Emerald Coast Theatre Company’s summer camps for ages four through high school run through July 29. Tuition is from $130 per person to $425 plus a $25 registration fee. Payment plans, military, sibling, and multi-camp discounts and scholarships are available. For the full schedule, more information and to register, call 684-0323 or visit www.EmeraldCoastTheatre.org. Camps include:
Little Rascals camps for ages 4-6 are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Bayou Arts Center in Santa Rosa Beach. Tuition is $130. Hawaiian Mauna Theme will be July 24-28.
Disney’s “Cinderella Kids” Musical Theater Camp for grades three through nine will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 10-29 at ECTC at Grand Boulevard in Miramar Beach. Extended drop off/pick up available. Pack a snack, lunch, and water. Learn stage presence, acting techniques and theatre games. Tuition $425 with payments available. Final performances last week of camp with tickets $10/adults and $8/children.
Treasure Island for grades 2-8 is $170 a person and will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 17-21 at Bay Elementary School in Santa Rosa Beach.
Creative Kids Camps
Budding artists can enjoy a variety of hands-on art experiences this summer at The Foster Gallery in Grand Boulevard Town Center. Campers will experience multiple mediums and come home with a diverse portfolio of work. Camps available for children 4-6 years old are from 9 a.m. to noon and for children 7-12 years old from 1-4 p.m. Visit #ArtMatters Blog for themes, details and registration information.
• July 10-13: Fine Art Is Fun Camp
• July 17-20: Meet the Masters Camp
• July 24-27: I Can Draw and Paint Camp
Summer camp at the Center in Freeport, Forest Friends, will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 12 for children ages 5-12. Cost is $45 per session. Visit www.eowilsoncenter.org to register. For information, call 835-1824.
• July 19: Let’s Wing It! Birds
• July 26: Buggin’ Out!
• Aug. 2: Mad Science Experiment
Alfonso Academy, 12598 U.S. Hwy. 98, Unit 104, in Miramar Beach, will offer intensive programs this year from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 17-21 focusing on various genres of dance including jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, musical theatre, dance improvisation and dance conditioning. There will be guest artists and a closing showcase.
The second week of the summer intensive program, called Core Ballet Foundations, will be from 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. July 24-28 for Level 1 dancers and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Levels 2 and 3. This week will explore core work and will be interlaced with classical ballet technique training. Dancers can choose to attend one summer intensive week or both.
Discounts are available if dancers attend both weeks of the summer intensives, and all intermediate/advanced dancers ages 7 and up are welcome to sign up. Please check website or Facebook page for updates and pricing.
A Fine Arts Camp for “New Light Littles,” ages 2-6, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 31-Aug. 4 and will focus on a week of pure fun, learning, and discoveries. Highlights include themed days with dance, arts and crafts, singing, drama, and much more. The week will end with a mini star-studded performance.
The REP Theatre:
• Illusionist Jeanette Andrews at 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Thursdays through July 13 at The REP Theatre. Tickets are $25/adults and $15/students age 10 and up.
• Magic Workshop with Jeanette Andrews: At 2 p.m. Fridays for ages 5-7 and 3 p.m. Fridays for ages 8-14 through July 14 at The REP Theatre. Tickets are $25.
• Awkward Oxen Improv Hour: Free at 10 a.m. Thursdays through Aug. 10 at Fonville Press Alys Beach for all ages.
• Improv Bootcamp: At 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, through Aug. 4 at The REP Theatre for ages 5-14. Tickets $25.
• The Tales of King Arthur: Free at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 9 at North Barrett Square in Rosemary Beach.
• Adventures in Alys: Free at 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Aug. 9 at Fonville Press Alys Beach.
• Pinocchio: Free at 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Aug. 14 at the Seaside Amphitheater.
• Stories by the Sea: Free at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Aug. 18 in Solomon Square in Seaside for all ages.
Summer classes and camps begin at 30A Dancewave in Seaside at Seaside Neighborhood School. For exact classes and times or to register, visit 30ADancewave.com, call 687-6711 or email email@example.com.
• Fairy Princess Fantasy Camp: 9-11 a.m. Monday-Friday, July 10-14. Ages 4-7.
• South Walton Dance Project: 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday, July 24-28. Ages 9-teen.
The Biophilia Center and Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation present Music, Nature, and The Arts from 9 a.m. 2 p.m. July 17-21 and July 24-28 for grades one to eight. Campers are to bring a peanut free snack, lunch, and drink every day. All sunscreen and bug spray should be applied before they arrive at the Biophilia Center.
"Wonderfully Made" camp for girls will be held from 9 a.m. to noon July 19-21 in Sandestin. The camp is for teenage girls looking to gain confidence through knowledge of health and wellness. For prices and to save your spot, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.