The popular dining establishment Stinky's Fish Camp experienced a small fire Monday morning, according to South Walton Fire District.

SWFD received the call around 10 a.m. Monday and on arrival found heavy smoke and some flames were emitting from the roof.

The flames were able to be put out quickly and the fire was contained to the kitchen, said Walton Fire Marshall Sammy Sanchez.

"The rest of the building was not affected, except by minor smoke," he said.

The fire was investigated by the State Fire Marshall and Sanchez said he feels confident of the cause was a malfunctioning exhaust fan and air duct. He estimates damage to be $10,000 to $15,000, not including any personal or business loss.

Two people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and released.

Stinky's will continue to be open for business at the Bait Shop location next door.