Walmart is expanding the roll out of cutting-edge technology to select stores across Florida, bringing its new Scan & Go program to its Santa Rosa Beach store.
The new program allows customers to scan items as they shop in-store and skip the checkout line entirely.
“Walmart continues to look for innovative ways to help customers save not only money but time,” said Santa Rosa Beach Store Manager Tyson Hall. “Our customers will find this new service will transform their in-store shopping experience and offer even more convenience.”
Scan & Go was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Santa Rosa Beach at 6712 U.S. Highway 98 W.
Using Scan & Go
• Simply download the Scan & Go app onto a mobile phone and open the app inside Walmart, or use the devices available in store.
• Scan the barcode of each item you wish to purchase and then place the item into the shopping cart. No barcode? Quickly look up the item with “Find an Item.”
• As you shop, you will see the running total of the items in your cart.
• Easily checkout and pay in the app.
• Show the receipt from your phone to an associate on the way out.
In October 2017, Walmart announced it was investing around $11 billion in 2017 and 2018 in the U.S. in store growth, store remodels and other innovations, such as Pickup Towers, Online Grocery Pickup, Scan & Go and more.