FREEPORT – Walton County firefighters battled a house fire on Friday that severely damaged a house on Goodwin Creek Road.

Walton County Fire Rescue was called to the scene of the blaze at 6 p.m. by way of a 911 report. Firefighters and paramedics arrived at 382 Goodwin Creek Road to find heavy smoke coming from the eaves of the house.

Firefighters discovered flames in the kitchen and attic. They battled the fire for two hours before finally putting it out.

The residents and their dog made it out of the house unharmed.

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by electrical issues with a kitchen appliance and appeared to be accidental.

The American Red Cross was able to help the residents.