Attic fire damages home on Bramble Street

Bramble Street Fire
Special to The Sun
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

A house fire on Bramble Street in Santa Rosa Beach Tuesday afternoon greatly damaged its top floor.

An electrician working on the home’s heater had just turned it off and walked outside to get a flashlight, said Sammy Sanchez, fire marshal for the South Walton Fire District. He looked back and saw smoke and flames coming from the house.

The fire was in the attic, Sanchez said.

“It was a stubborn fire because there were so many niches,” Sanchez said.

The downstairs was left mostly intact, but the upstairs and roof were damaged, Sanchez said.

No person was injured, but a dog died in the fire.
 



Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

COMMENTS
▲ Return to Top
 

Local Faves