Walton Outdoors will be hosting its annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Oct. 11. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. along the lake yard in DeFuniak Springs on Circle Drive.
This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food vendors will be on hand.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Fishing from the pier with experts
• Fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Kayaking with Snaggy
• Birding with the
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife interactive
• Wildlife and education with
• South Walton Turtle Watch exhibit
• Northwest Florida Astronomy club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Deitrich's Honey Farm
• Mattie Kelly Environmental Education
• Eglin Aero Modellers demonstrations
• Tri-County Head Start fun
• Nature based crafts.
For more information, 850-267-2064.