May 4 - 10
40 years ago — 1974
Twenty-eight lots south of U.S. 98 in
30 years ago — 1984
Overhead caution lights were installed at two dangerous intersections in South Walton,
25 years ago — 1989
Gov. Bob Martinez spoke in DeFuniak Springs at the invitation of local Republicans.
South Walton residents urged removal of an abandoned barge that had been in the bayou at
20 years ago — 1994
Florida State University System and the the trust’s Higher Education committee met to discuss idea of establishing a higher learning facility in South Walton.
Results of The Walton Log telephone survey showed readers were unanimously in favor of the county being paid the fair market value for lands it vacates to private landowners.
10 years ago — 2004
A hearing was scheduled to determine if the Walton Board of County Commissioners abided by county land codes when they approved Grayton Grand, a proposed 190,000-square-foot resort complex.
One hundred fifteen new beach warning flags signs were installed, explaining the newly adopted flag system which added a double red flag and a purple flag.
A 401-unit development on County Road 395, Nature Walk of Seagrove, was unanimously approved and given green light for construction.
DeFuniak Springs Police asked for assistance from anyone about a grave site and tombstone found during jail expansion. Name was J. Fuller Gloom and date 1921 A.D.