A house fire on Bramble Street in Santa Rosa Beach Tuesday afternoon greatly damaged its top floor.

An electrician working on the home’s heater had just turned it off and walked outside to get a flashlight, said Sammy Sanchez, fire marshal for the South Walton Fire District. He looked back and saw smoke and flames coming from the house.

The fire was in the attic, Sanchez said.

“It was a stubborn fire because there were so many niches,” Sanchez said.

The downstairs was left mostly intact, but the upstairs and roof were damaged, Sanchez said.

No person was injured, but a dog died in the fire.