The Walton County Canvasing Board is responsible for testing voting equipment prior to elections.
In mid-December, the Canvassing Board began testing the county’s voting equipment and recently finished In-House Logic and Accuracy Testing where 34,138 Test Deck Ballots were run through the optical scanner voting machines with 100 percent accuracy.
Following the voting process, the Board also is responsible for submitting preliminary returns, submitting the unofficial county and certifying returns following elections. The full process of certifying the final returns following a vote varies depending on the type of election.
This year’s deadlines are as follows:
· Presidential Primary Election Official Results Deadline is 3/27/2016 or 12 days
· Primary Election Official Results Deadline is 9/8/2016 or 9 days
· General Election Official Results Deadline is 11/20/2016 or 12 days
While the members of the Canvassing Board may not be out front and seen, as we continue to move closer to Election Day 2016, they will continue to be hard at work to ensure that all Walton County elections are fair, legal, honest, secure and accurate.
Walton County Supervisor of Elections Website – www.votewalton.com
Walton County Supervisor of Elections Facebook - www.facebook.com/votewalton
· February 16, 2016 at 5pm – Deadline for new registrations or party affiliation changes (Florida is a closed primary state, so party affiliation is required to vote in primary elections.)
· March 5 – 12, 2016 from 8:30am – 4:30pm – Presidential Preference Early Primary Voting
· March 15, 2016 from 7:00am – 7:00pm – Presidential Preference Primary Election
· August 30, 2016 – Primary Election
· November 8, 2016 – General Election