DeFUNIAK SPRINGS — The DeFuniak Springs Fire Department responded to a house fire on 210 South Norwood Road Tuesday morning that was caused by an out-of-control grease fire on a stove.

The call came in at 10:18 a.m. and there was a single occupant at the time, who had left the house and was safely outside of the residence when the firefighters arrived. The firefighters at DeFuniak Springs were assisted by Walton County Fire Rescue and the Argyle Volunteer Fire Department. The fire was quelled in about 10 minutes.

“There was pretty extensive damage throughout the house, not total loss, but it was pretty extensive,” said Lieutenant Garrett Miller of the DeFuniak Springs Fire Department.

The fire is not under investigation. It was determined to be an accident.