BLUE MOUNTAIN BEACH — At around 10:45 a.m. last Sunday, firefighters with the South Walton Fire District were notified of a structure fire on Okeechobee Street West in Blue Mountain Beach.

According to Sammy Sanchez, fire marshal for the district, the fire originated in a van that was parked outside of the residence.

"The area of origin — we couldn't rule out electrical (as the cause of the fire)," Sanchez said. "It was not in the engine compartment, but they had a lot of electronic equipment in the van."

While flames completely ruined the van, damages to the exterior of the home were minimal, with some smoke damages to the interior, he said.

Sanchez said there were around eight to 10 people who were renting the home who were inside at the time of the fire. One man sustained burns to his hands.

SWFD was on scene and put out the fire within 30 minutes, while Walton County Fire Rescue stood by, he said.

"By the time I got there around 11:30, it was already under control," Sanchez said.