Fire scorches mobile home in Bruce
BRUCE — Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a fire Friday after a neighbor reported seeing flames coming from a nearby mobile home.
At 9:18 a.m. Walton County firefighters and sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the home on County Road 3280 in Bruce at 9:18 a.m.
The caller said told dispatchers he did not know whether anyone was inside the burning home next door, according to a press release from the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
Firefighters arrived to find flames consuming the single-wide mobile home, but had the blaze under control within minutes, the press release said.
There was no one home at the time.
An electrical problem in a room that had been added to the rear of the home was believed to have sparked the fire.