Marlin Grill restaurant damaged by Saturday fire
The Marlin Grill restaurant at the Village of Baytowne Wharf was closed Saturday after fire broke out in the building's commercial kitchen.
The South Walton Fire District responded to a fire alarm at Baytown Wharf Saturday morning. The fire crew reported they could smell smoke, but could not immediately determine where it was coming from, according to the SWFDs Facebook post.
The firefighters continued their search and forced their entry into Marlin Grill, where they found an active fire in the kitchen.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly, which was contained to the kitchen area. While the fire was contained to the kitchen, the building's sprinklers sprayed water throughout the restaurant, according to the SWFDs Facebook post.
The SWFD said the sprinklers contained the fire to the kitchen area of the building.
The SWFD Fire Marshal completed an investigation into the incident and determined the fire was accidental in nature, likely related to improper storage of cooking supplies and materials, according to the Facebook post.
No injuries were reported.
The Marlin Grill posted on Saturday that the restaurant would remain close that day due to the fire. The post did not say when they plan to reopen.