Walton County Tax Collector re-opens lobbies
The Walton County Tax Collector’s office has announced the re-opening of the DeFuniak Springs and South Walton locations is scheduled for May 18.
The following are some of the protocols that have been put in place to ensure the safety of staff and customers.
• At this time the Tax Collector’s office is the only office open to the public in the courthouse.
• The first hour of each day is reserved for senior citizens age 65 and over, those with special needs and individuals with disabilities.
• Social distancing, including limiting the number of people in the offices at one time, will be practiced.
• Security glass installed at all workstations.
• Only individuals conducting transactions will be admitted to lobby areas.
• Customers will be triaged prior to entering lobbies including taking of temperatures.
• Masks will be available, and you are strongly encouraged to wear them.
• Routine cleanings will take place throughout the day in lobby areas.
Please do not come into the office if you have a temperature or are ill. You can be helped in the comfort of your home by continuing to utilize the online office at www.waltontaxcollector.com or by calling Customer Call Center at 850-892-8121.